There are many reasons to get into blogging. For one, it can be an excellent outlet for your creativity as it allows you to share your thoughts and ideas on your blog. You can attract readers who share your interests and perspectives, leading to great connections. Blogging can be a great way to connect with like-minded people and build a community of supportive readers.
The good news is that you can earn from your blogs too! Read further as we teach you how to earn from blogging this 2023.
Top 5 Ways to earn money by blogging:
· Affiliate marketing
· Google AdSense (Ads)
· Guest posting
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a way for businesses to promote their products and services through affiliates, who then earn commission on any sales they generate. It is a performance-based marketing model. This means businesses only pay their affiliates for results rather than simply paying for advertising making it cost-efficient for businesses.
And because it is based on performance, it aligns perfectly with the interests of both parties: businesses want to sell more, and affiliates want to earn more.
To become an affiliate, you must first find a business that offers an affiliate program. Affiliate programs often have requirements such as several followers or engagement. For blogs, it is essential that you must be able to drive traffic to your website or blog to get people to click on your links. We will give you tips to bring traffic to your website in a little while.
What are the different types of Affiliate Marketing?
- Sale: A publisher earns a commission from the merchant when they refer a customer who then goes on to make a purchase.
- Lead: A publisher earns a commission from the merchant when they refer a customer who provides their contact information but does not necessarily make a purchase.
- Click: A publisher earns a commission from the merchant when they refer a customer who clicks on an advertisement on their website.
- Cost per mille: A publisher earns a commission from the merchant when they refer customers who view or click on an ad placed on their website.
How to be a successful affiliate marketer
To be a successful affiliate marketer, there are a few things you need to do:
- Find a niche that you are passionate about.
- Research and find products that your target audience would be interested in.
- Promote those products through your blog or website.
- Monitor your results and adjust your strategies accordingly.
- Be patient and consistent.
Remember that it takes time and effort to see results, so keep going if you see immediate success. As mentioned, you need to drive significant traffic to your website; you should know the basics of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO refers to the process of optimizing a website or web page to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs).
SEO Factors to keep in mind when blogging
Several factors go into SEO, but some of the most important ones are:
• Keywords: Identifying and targeting the right keywords is essential for ranking high in SERPs. It would be best to research what keywords your target audience is searching for and include them throughout your site in your content, titles, descriptions, and URLs.
• Backlinks: These are links from other websites to your website. Google views backlinks as “votes” for your site, so the more backlinks you have, the better. But it’s not just about quantity – quality matters too. So focus on getting high-quality backlinks from relevant and authoritative sites.
• Site structure: A well-structured website is more accessible for search engines to crawl and index, which can help your rankings. Ensure your site is well-organized, with a clear hierarchy and easy-to-understand navigation.
• Content: Quality content is essential for SEO – not just in terms of the actual words on the page, but also things like page load time and mobile-friendliness. Your content needs to be relevant, engaging, and keyword-rich if you want it to rank well. Ensure that your content is also helpful to your readers, so your readers will know that you are an “authority” in your niche.
• Technical SEO: This refers to the behind-the-scenes technical aspects of your site that can impact your rankings. This includes things like site speed, sitemaps, and structured data.
SEO is a complex topic, but these are some basics you need to know to write a blog that ranks high in SERPs.
How to write an SEO Optimized Blogpost
Conduct keyword research when blogging.
There are various tools and techniques for finding related keywords relevant to your blog post that would help you rank higher in searches. The Google Adwords Keyword Tool, Ahrefs, and Semrush offer excellent tools that allow you to find keywords related to your topic. These tools can even check on your competition to see what words and phrases they are targeting to bring traffic to their sites.
Utilize keywords throughout your post once you have targeted a couple of valuable, relevant keywords. Placing them where they will have the most impact on humans and search engine crawlers indexing your content is crucial. Try to include them in the following places:
- Headings and subheadings
- Introductory sentence
- Concluding paragraph
- Anchor text (text you hyperlink to other related pages on your site)
- Title tags and meta descriptions
A word of caution: Do not engage in keyword stuffing so that it becomes difficult to read. Not only will this irritate your readers, but Google can penalize you. A couple of strategically placed keywords will do the trick.
Optimize your images.
Whenever you upload a photo to your blog, include keywords in the file name. Fill out the alternate text field with a brief, keyword-rich description of the image.
Link to other pages on your site when blogging.
As you are writing your blog post, if you mention a topic you have written about in the past or have a page on your site that provides more information on the current topic, include a hyperlink to that page. It is suitable for SEO, keeps readers on your site longer, and encourages them to explore more of your content.t
Allow readers to subscribe to your blog.
Include prominently placed RSS or Feed Subscription Buttons and allow viewers to subscribe to your posts via email when possible. This allows your blog followers to instantly notify you of your latest posts without having to check your site for new content periodically.
Encourage social sharing of your blog posts.
Make it easy for readers to share your content by including social media buttons at the beginning and end of each post. If you want more control over how your links appear when they are shared, Open Graph is a great tool that gives you the ability to determine what image and text are displayed when someone shares your blog post on their social media site.
Google AdSense (Ads)
Google AdSense is an online advertising program that allows website owners to earn money by displaying ads on their sites. When a user visits a website with AdSense ads, Google will serve up an ad from its AdWords program. The website owner gets paid each time a user clicks on one of the ads.
When you sign up for AdSense, you will need to add a few lines of code to your website. This code tells Google where you want the ads to appear. Once you have added the code, Google will start serving up ads on your site. This code is provided by Google and is very simple to add.
You can choose what kind of ads you want to show on your site and customize the ads’ look to match your site’s design. You’ll need to experiment to find the right combination of ad types and placements that work best for your site.
Membership is a great way to keep your readers engaged on your blog. It is also an excellent way to promote some of your digital products. You can offer content and digital products that are exclusively for members.
Your blog can serve as your writing portfolio. You will be surprised how you can use it as leverage for your career as a writer. You can offer guest posting and earn from it. It can also attract some readers back to your website.
Blogging is a great way to earn money, but it requires commitment and some resources. In this post, you learned about affiliate marketing, Google AdSense, membership, and guest posting as ways to earn from your blog. You also learned about optimizing your blog and the basics of SEO.
If you are willing to put in the work, there is no reason why you cannot start earning money through your blog. Use the tips we gave you to get started on the right foot and start earning money from your blog today.